Posts for: June, 2011
Do you fear trips to the dentist and procedures that follow? You're not alone. In fact, many people experience some degree of dental phobia, and some even avoid routine check-ups and cleanings because of it. Because regular dental visits to our San Jose dental office are vital to your overall health, it's critical that you overcome this fear to avoid serious dental problems in the future.
You may have dental phobia if you experience:
- Difficulty sleeping the nights leading up to a dentist appointment
- Feelings of nervousness that escalate while in the dental office waiting room
- Crying or feeling physically ill at the thought of your next dentist appointment
- Intense uneasiness when dental objects/instruments are placed in your mouth during the appointment
At The Dental Dimensions, we want your visits to be as comfortable and pain free as possible. Our professionals are specially trained in handling fearful patients and offer a variety of methods and techniques to reduce fear and make your visits relaxing. Avoiding the dentist because of fear can have serious ramifications in terms of your dental health and overall well-being. Today, with advanced treatment techniques and a dentist trained to help you overcome dental anxiety, you can feel confident about restoring your oral health.
- Trust: We'll establish a rapport with you starting with your initial visit. We want you to trust our ability to provide you with the best dental care possible, so we welcome all questions and fears regarding your dental health.
- Communication: Before starting any treatments, we'll discuss exactly what the procedure entails. Let us know what scares you. Whether you fear pain, injections or a loss of control, we'll talk you through the procedure and modify the treatment plan to accommodate your misgivings.
- Relaxation: Controlled breathing and muscle relaxation can help calm your nerves before procedures. If it helps, bring a friend or relative with you to the appointment for support.
Bad experiences with oral health care providers in the past can lead to a lifetime of dental phobia. Let our dental professionals at The Dental Dimensions provide quality, gentle dental care for your oral health needs and help you overcome your dental anxiety. We understand that trips to the dentist can be scary, but together, we can help you overcome your phobia once and for all to bring you a lifetime of good dental health.
When you think of methods for straightening your teeth, traditional wire braces probably come to mind, a process that can be uncomfortable, long, and for adults, not always attractive. Not everyone needs to wear wire braces for a perfectly aligned smile, however. Advances in cosmetic dentistry today have made it possible for dentists to offer faster, more comfortable solutions for attaining straighter teeth.
At The Dental Dimensions, we offer three effective procedures that can bring you a straighter, healthier smile faster and more discreetly than with orthodontics braces. Come into our San Jose office for a consultation and find out if Invisalign, veneers or cosmetic contouring could work for you.
Invisalign is one of the newest and most popular methods for achieving a straighter smile. This method uses clear, discreet aligners that are replaced every few weeks to gradually shift your teeth to their desired position. Invisalign trays are removable, making it easy to eat and brush as normal. Adults love Invisalign because no one can tell you are undergoing treatment, but your new smile will look straighter with each series of aligners that is completed. Invisalign treatment can usually be completed in just a year and generally works best for patients with minor teeth misalignment.
Looking for a fast way to make your teeth look straighter without actually straightening your teeth? Veneers can instantly mask dental imperfections, giving the illusion of a perfectly aligned smile. This procedure involves applying durable, porcelain shells to the front of teeth to cover orthodontic problems. The added bonus is that you can improve the coloring and shape of your teeth at the same time- the ultimate smile makeover.
Cosmetic contouring, also known as dental reshaping, is performed to correct crooked teeth, chipped teeth, cracked teeth or overlapping teeth in as little as one appointment. By making subtle changes to your teeth- just a few millimeters of reduction- your dentist can alter the length, shape or position of your teeth to create the perfect smile. This method is pain-free and is most commonly used on upper teeth.
Today, straightening your teeth without traditional orthodontic braces is possible. For severe malocclusion, Invisalign, veneers and contouring may not be the best solutions and traditional braces may be recommended. Come into our San Jose office, and we can help you determine the best choice based on the degree of straightening needed. Rest assured that we can find the best treatment to help you achieve your best smile.