Posts for tag: Invisalign
Have you been considering straightening your teeth with Invisalign but have some questions about the process? South San Jose and West San Jose, CA, dentists Drs. Deepak Shetty, Kavita Bhatia, and May Yoneyama of The Dental Dimensions transform patients' smiles with this innovative alternative to traditional braces.
What is Invisalign?
Traditional metal or ceramic braces use wires threaded through brackets to re-position teeth, while the Invisalign system realigns your smile with clear, removable aligner trays. You'll receive a series of trays and will wear each set for approximately two weeks. For best results, trays must be worn 20 to 22 hours per day.
What are the Invisalign Phases?
The Invisalign process includes these steps:
- Phase One: Consultation - During this phase, your South San Jose or West San Jose dentist will examine your teeth, discuss the Invisalign process, and explain payment options if Invisalign is a good choice for you. Most people who have mild-to-moderate orthodontic issues can benefit from Invisalign. If your issues are severe, traditional braces may be recommended.
- Phase Two: Treatment Plan - Your aligners will be designed using the Invisalign CAD/CAM technology. Your dentist will take digital photos, impressions, and X-rays that will be used to create a 3D digital model of your mouth.
- Phase Three: Creation of Your Aligners - Once your treatment plan is finalized, the Invisalign company will begin creating your custom series of aligner trays.
- Phase Four: Delivery of Your Aligner Trays - A few weeks later, you'll return to the dentist's office to receive your first sets of trays and a brief tutorial about wearing and caring for your trays.
- Phase Five: Follow-up Appointments - You'll visit the dentist every six to eight weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Phase Six: Completion of Treatment - Once you've finished the entire series of trays, your results will be evaluated. In some cases, you may need a few additional trays to refine your smile. At the end of your treatment, you'll be given retainers that will help you maintain your results.
Straighten your smile discreetly with Invisalign! Schedule an appointment with dentists Dr. Deepak Shetty, Dr. Kavita Bhatia, and Dr. May Yoneyama of The Dental Dimensions by calling (408) 225-6815 for the South San Jose, CA, office or (408) 252-3212 for the West San Jose office.
Do you want to straighten your smile? Dr. Deepak Shetty and Dr. Kavita Bhatia at The Dental Dimensions in San Jose, CA offers orthodontic treatment with Invisalign for a straighter smile. Here are the top reasons to consider Invisalign.
Correct Dental Issues
Invisalign effectively corrects a variety of dental problems, including: an overbite, underbite, crossbite, protruding teeth, gapped teeth, overcrowded teeth and crooked teeth. Invisalign gradually moves your teeth using a series of virtually invisible aligners.
Improve Oral Health
Invisalign will improve your oral health. The removable Invisalign aligners make it easy to floss and brush your teeth to maintain proper oral hygiene. Traditional braces make cleaning teeth difficult because food particles and plaque can adhere to the brackets and teeth.
Are you too embarrassed to wear traditional metal braces? Traditional metal braces are the most noticeable type. You can achieve straighten your smile without a mouthful of metal archwires and brackets. The Invisalign system is the virtually invisible way to improve your smile.
Comfortable to Wear
Invisalign aligners are smooth and comfortable to wear. While traditional braces are effective in repositioning the teeth, metal brackets and wires can be uncomfortable to wear, pressing against your teeth and irritating your gums.
If you want to correct your smile with Invisalign, call The Dental Dimensions in San Jose, CA at (408) 225-6815 today to schedule your consultation. If you want the perfect smile, the Invisalign system is the clear path forward.
Like many adults that desire a straighter smile, you probably considered braces but simply resorted not to undergo orthodontic treatment. Bulky braces can be inconvenient, not to mention that the metal wires are anything but discreet.
If this is the case, you should consider Invisalign. Not only is the Invisalign treatment virtually invisible, it is also convenient. Millions of adults are turning to these clear, custom-made, removable aligners as an alternative to bulky, metal braces- straightening your smile without anyone even noticing that you are wearing them!
How Invisalign Works:
Like any dental procedure, you'll first visit our San Jose office for a consultation with one of our dental experts. If Invisalign is right for you, we'll determine your Invisalign treatment plan. Using advanced 3D computer technology, a series of Invisalign aligners will be custom-crafted to perfectly fit your teeth at each phase of your treatment. Every few weeks, switch out your old aligners for new aligners to gradually and comfortably shift the teeth to their desired position. Whether your teeth are crowded, crooked, have spaces between them or have shifted since wearing braces, you'll have a reason to smile at the end of your Invisalign treatment.
For most patients, the Invisalign treatment can be completed in less than one year. Keep in mind that the length of treatment will vary for each patient, so it's important to speak with The Dental Dimensions about how your expectations and goals fit into Invisalign.
Change Your Smile. Not Your Life.
Invisalign aligners are clear and less noticeable than metal, wire braces. Whether you're at work, prom or spending time with friends, you'll always feel confident with Invisalign.
Invisalign aligners are removable which gives you the flexibility to remove your aligners for special occasions or just to eat dinner.
Hard, metal braces can irritate your gums. Invisalign trays are made of soft plastic. They are comfortable to wear and the risk of cutting your oral tissues is less likely.
Wire braces make reaching the entire tooth and gum with your toothbrush and floss a challenging task. With Invisalign, you can remove your aligners to brush and floss normally, reducing your risk of tooth decay and gum disease.
Think Invisalign might be right for you? Visit our San Jose office and discuss the Invisalign treatment with your The Dental Dimensions dentist at The Dental Dimensions. You can be on your way to a straighter, more beautiful smile in no time!