Also known as teeth reshaping, dental contouring is a quick, easy and conservative solution for improving the appearance of a problematic tooth. Because of the ease in which contouring can be performed by The Dental Dimensions, many patients prefer dental contouring to other, more invasive procedures.
The procedure involves removing small amounts of tooth enamel in order to alter its shape, length or surface. Dental instruments and abrasives allow dentists to remove the enamel, and then sculpt and polish the tooth to its desired appearance. Many patients prefer this conservative treatment because their smile is improved without looking drastically different.
Teeth Reshaping is a great option for minor dental imperfections, such as:
- Pitted or grooved tooth enamel
- Chipped or fractured teeth
- Overlapping or crowded teeth
- Uneven teeth
- Crooked, pointy teeth
Healthy teeth and gums are necessary for dental contouring. Patients with deep cracks, decay or extensive chipping may not be good candidates.
Advantages of Dental Contouring From The Dental Dimensions
- Conservative Approach: Dental contouring is one of the most conservative cosmetic treatments for achieving a more radiant smile. If you're looking for subtle improvements rather than dramatic changes, this procedure may be right for you.
- Improved Health: Repairing minor overlaps and other dental damage where plaque can accumulate reduces your risk of decay and gum disease.
- Ease of Procedure: Reshaping your teeth is generally quick and painless since only surface enamel is removed from the tooth.
Even though the reshaping process involves removing only a few millimeters, dental contouring goes to show that even little changes can make a big difference in the appearance of your smile. Keep in mind that teeth reshaping is best for patients who want only subtle adjustments or repairs. For a more noticeable smile makeover, consider veneers. Visit The Dental Dimensions and find out if dental contouring is a good option for you.