Posts for: June, 2018
Have you been considering straightening your teeth with Invisalign but have some questions about the process? South San Jose and West San Jose, CA, dentists Drs. Deepak Shetty, Kavita Bhatia, and May Yoneyama of The Dental Dimensions transform patients' smiles with this innovative alternative to traditional braces.
What is Invisalign?
Traditional metal or ceramic braces use wires threaded through brackets to re-position teeth, while the Invisalign system realigns your smile with clear, removable aligner trays. You'll receive a series of trays and will wear each set for approximately two weeks. For best results, trays must be worn 20 to 22 hours per day.
What are the Invisalign Phases?
The Invisalign process includes these steps:
- Phase One: Consultation - During this phase, your South San Jose or West San Jose dentist will examine your teeth, discuss the Invisalign process, and explain payment options if Invisalign is a good choice for you. Most people who have mild-to-moderate orthodontic issues can benefit from Invisalign. If your issues are severe, traditional braces may be recommended.
- Phase Two: Treatment Plan - Your aligners will be designed using the Invisalign CAD/CAM technology. Your dentist will take digital photos, impressions, and X-rays that will be used to create a 3D digital model of your mouth.
- Phase Three: Creation of Your Aligners - Once your treatment plan is finalized, the Invisalign company will begin creating your custom series of aligner trays.
- Phase Four: Delivery of Your Aligner Trays - A few weeks later, you'll return to the dentist's office to receive your first sets of trays and a brief tutorial about wearing and caring for your trays.
- Phase Five: Follow-up Appointments - You'll visit the dentist every six to eight weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Phase Six: Completion of Treatment - Once you've finished the entire series of trays, your results will be evaluated. In some cases, you may need a few additional trays to refine your smile. At the end of your treatment, you'll be given retainers that will help you maintain your results.
Straighten your smile discreetly with Invisalign! Schedule an appointment with dentists Dr. Deepak Shetty, Dr. Kavita Bhatia, and Dr. May Yoneyama of The Dental Dimensions by calling (408) 225-6815 for the South San Jose, CA, office or (408) 252-3212 for the West San Jose office.